We are cyber security and cybercrime investigations experts.
We understand the technical challenge behind such investigations and aim to follow all digital footprints to provide our clients with the evidence they require. We have undertaken cybercrime investigations for law firms, businesses, financial institutions and private individuals in both the UK and abroad.
What Is Cybercrime?
Cybercrime is a criminal activity carried out by means of computers or the internet.
Some examples of cybercrime include:
- Email and internet fraud
- Identity fraud (where personal information is stolen and used)
- Theft of financial or card payment details
- Theft and sale of corporate information
- Cyber extortion (demanding money to prevent a threatened attack or release of negative information)
The UK has had significant growth in cybercrime over the last few years and since the beginning of the pandemic some agencies have reported a 300% increase in reported cybercrimes – and many more go unreported!
As technology advances, so do the tactics of the criminals.These criminals are targeting businesses instead of individuals, however, phishing attacks on individuals are still common.
In April 2020 Google reportedly blocked 18 million malware and phishing emails related to Coronavirus every single day.
The most common methods these cybercriminals use are:
- Hacking – gaining remote access to your system. This commonly includes social media and email passwords to gain access to sensitive content and photos.
- Phishing – emails that may look like a bank or government body asking for security information and personal details
- Malicious software – including ransomware through which criminals hijack files and then request payment for their safe return or to prevent their release
- Distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks against websites – prevents businesses from trading and is often accompanied by extortion.
- Financial attack – This is cybercrime that steals financial information or that disrupts the ability to do business
Cyber-attacks can be difficult, and you may feel you are at the mercy of these criminals, but we can help. We understand how disruptive and financially damaging this type of crime can be and our investigative team will leave no stone unturned.
What We Can Do to Help
Cyber investigations can take many forms and we are experts in understanding what services are best suited to your problem. Criminals and the technical infrastructure they use are often based overseas, making international collaboration essential. We are one of the few investigative companies with the global reach.
We work closely with other agencies, UK Police and law enforcement partners abroad to share intelligence and coordinate any necessary action. Our investigators can help if you, a family member, or a friend are being targeted online by cyberbullies or extortionists. While Police may not be able to dedicate significant resources until a ‘crime’ has occurred, our team can help to investigate the harasser with the aim to gather information about their identity and location. We can help you put a stop to this despicable behaviour.
If someone is pretending to be you online, our cyber investigations can help get your identity back in your hands.
If you suspect you have been a victim of identity theft or if you wish to take steps to prevent identity theft, we believe it is essential to act quickly.
Our specialist team will investigate how your information was potentially stolen, how it has been used and also provide critical information to cease any further fraudulent activity.
If someone has used a false identity or company to scam you, we can help. Our investigators will assess the legitimacy of your information and after undertaking time-based checks, will use hi-tech equipment and software and in-depth searches to attempt to uncover the scammer and their location.
Do any of the above scenarios sound familiar? If so, get in touch with our specialist team today on 0208 287 7770 to discuss how we can help you.
Tell us about your private investigation needs
Contact our detectives now, from anywhere in the world
Experts in Tracing Missing People & Missing Assets Worldwide: success rates of 90% plus
Tenacious Surveillance Agents with full UK & Global coverage providing total confidence
In depth covert background checkers with universal capabilities
Skilled technical team with TSCM, forensic, tracking and managing our clients’ risks
Highly proficient & very highly valued: Licensed, Esteemed & Approachable